Monday, June 16, 2008

Not Working Today

A glare caught the bounce of the sun,
puked ecstasy
in my eyes.

I stumbled over the dead (young and old).
Stretched out,
rotting in solar downfall.

Masses sundered from existence, their
9 to 5 mass transit revelations.
Intelligence pounded into the ground.

I take in the improvement; look for a broom to sweep up
neck ties and pantyhose that barricade bars, park entrances,
views of the river on one side of town.

An couple overdoses during autoerotic asphyxiation.
A suicide in a cemetery has the neighbors worried.
The ice-cream trucks still play

“London Bridge is Falling Down.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Charmi said...

It looks like you're working, Neil working...

6:25 AM  
Blogger Talia Reed said...

I like the last 2 lines.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Happyflower said...

Love it!

12:44 AM  
Blogger R. Sanford said...

The last 3 stanzas are great--

'puked...my eyes' needs to be cut, badly.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home