Thursday, October 06, 2011

Excuse Me, Sir, When Will I Ever Use This?

School is great for those who know
what they’re doing, I suppose.

Some find the experience enlightening.
Faraway, realities inundate their bodies.

I wish I could factor myself right
out of this linear equation.

Here’s a stat for you. I knew 88% of 20%
of some shit I’ll never use. I realize it’s

the bottom-line that matters, but what
really is the sum? Seriously,

I’ve got to know the degree of
a polynomial in order to

write stories and poems?

***********************************************************************************
These past few poems are revised versions of older ones.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." Ash Williams from Army of Darkness

1 Comments:

Blogger Charmi said...

I'd like to title this poem Neil Kelly Examines The Law Of Diminishing Returns.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home