Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Mountain Time or Where Nights Seem Like Days

Almost everyone I know is either on
Eastern or Central Standard Time.
At night, they are tired when I am
ready for conversation.

Hours before I awake, they are in
cubicles overlooking cramped cities,
or maybe, the souls of fiends.

Who would want the night
to come so quickly?
Why would one want to be
so far from the sun?

Virgins from Utah and Wyoming
come to Denver looking for excitement
as I leave a message for a sleeping friend.

However, on the other hand, it is four
in the morning and friends in
San Francisco and Portland are leaving
me messages as I am dead to the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

PORTLAND FOREVER!!!! haha love it.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Neil Kelly said...

I originally wrote this almost 3 years ago. Cleaned it up and reposted.

Glad you like.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home