Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Long Distance Concerns

My dad called to ask me if I was managing
in the blizzard and when I told him that
it wasn’t snowing he said, “Don’t tell me that.

I’m watching the Weather Channel right now.”

My uncle called to ask me if I was safe from
the fires and when I told him that they were way
north & south of me he said, “Don’t tell me that.

I’m watching the news and they mentioned Denver.”

My mom called to ask me if I was holding-up
after the earthquake and when I told her that I didn’t
even feel an aftershock she said, ”Don’t tell me that.

I read it in this morning’s newspaper with coffee.”

My brother called to ask me if I was surviving
the daily routine of life and when I told him that
we’re all just living dreams he said, “Don’t tell me that.

I have pictures of me surfing in my own dream.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home