Sunday, July 22, 2007

These are some new poems by Sara Kelly (no relation). I liked them so I put them up for people to check out.


NURSE FROM SOUTH BEND

Good news is on the way… But is it?

A single mother cries in a local bathroom,
Why doesn’t her boyfriend accept the new kids?
She thought she would be married before him…

Vile little nurse, bra strap showing,
Ill-fitting dress,

the inability to recognize you are hot even as
a mother(father) fucker.

How I despise you, I would tell you … but I just feel so much for you.
Disposed by all.

By the way, your clothes are always ill-fitting.
So don’t try to play anyone else…





PEOPLE WHO SHARE A PART OF MY NAME


Did you take the whole pill?, she asks
She always asks me that.
She’s protective of her pills… and her words.
These words that are important….
They are in another language

“Do you really love PHISH” says the hippie girl.
Don’t worry, she’s really a hippie.
She respects you, not to worry.
Art …. The creativity from within.
Purchase my pussy… It’s for sale.





UNTITLED


Why must you shed all over me
Tread on me
When there’s a clear sign telling you not to

There is a town
It will kill you if you don’t find a way to survive

Your friends won’t help you here
They’ll gather in a graveyard
Bones all about, but drunkenness is that for which we came.

There are pictures, there are archived breathalyzers.
They warn you…
They can be pulled out at any time.

A flagrantly drunk girl flashes a sign

”I AM SO DRUNK”

She shows it to the entire room, it’s a wonder we aren’t busted sooner.

This is the end… of the innocence (I always thought that should have a subtitle)

We are set upon “death row”.

We starve.

We eat Chap Stick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



3 poems by Sara Kelly

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pussy for sale...

Good work, Sara Kelly. ;)

Bones and chapstick and Coors Light...oh my!!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know this sara kelly personally and let me tell you, she is a piece of work. i didn't know how incredibly talented she is in the literal sense though! must be all the great books she reads. i love that sara kelly- and her writings. thanks for sharing, NK. :)

xx
a

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home