Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Loud Words, Quiet Thoughts

Love vaporized after Mexico
like the Mayans and Aztecs.

Was it real or an escape to prove a point?

Tears have been encroaching upon
the swamplands of Florida as opinions
stir up chili-pot hurricanes.

The freakiest display eyes ever
focused on. A walking slot machine,
a monstrosity of nature, a recluse
entombing itself in a marble mausoleum.

Without even being able to recognize
names or faces, copulation ravaged wild.
Like a new breed. A mix between
peacock and crocodile.

Let go like a four inch perch or the
memories of kids smoking cigarettes
behind aluminum sheds of grandparents.

Monotonously snaking an abandoned
squiggle over raccoon prints, gravity’s
force stops every fall, empty eyelids peer
through potato field rainforests.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I really like this one :) I'm going to read the stuff you sent me, I promise. I just have one more paper to write on "Howl" due tomorrow and then I'm free "forget your underwear, we're free" :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Neil Kelly said...

HaHa! Well, if that's the case, I'm always free...

Now, get back to the grind!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home